Please take a few minutes to read through the safety tips that we have developed specifically to protect all our members.
IMPORTANT: We will NEVER send you a letter, SMS or any other form of notification where you will be requested to provide your login details and/or password. If you do receive this kind of request – please let us know immediately by sending an email to: [email protected]
Photos and videos. Be careful about what photos and videos you share with strangers. Scammers usually find compromising material on their victim and then engage in blackmailing.
Communication on external resources. Never include your personal contact information like your name, email address, home address, telephone numbers, place of work or any other identifying information in your initial messages or profile information. Be careful if a user suggests you to continue communication on another online resource, social network or by phone. EmilyDates is not responsible for communication outside of our Service.
Do not save passwords if you use our Service on someone else's computer. Do not forget to delete all the information that scammers can access and use against you.
First meeting. Always take precautions to help you stay safe. We strongly recommend that you:
- collect as much information as possible about the person with whom you are going on a first date;
- inform a friend or family member of your plans, particularly when and where you will be going;
- choose a populated, public place for your first date – never meet in a private or remote location, and never at your home or apartment;
- make sure that your cell phone is fully charged and with you at all times;
- be independent and in control of your own transportation, especially when things don’t go as planned;
- keep a clear mind and avoid anything that might put you at risk.
Finance. Never respond to any request to send money and never give out your financial information such as your social security number, credit card number or any other banking information. If someone requests money or you sense a scam, report it immediately.
Tell us about your suspicions. We want to protect our users from unwanted contacts. In case you suspect someone, block the user and let us know immediately. We always appreciate the help of our users in finding and preventing fraud.
The TOP 6 most common signs of a scammer:
- You met someone online and after a relatively short time, your interlocutor urges you to chat or meet privately.
- You noticed a mismatch in the information provided in the profile on EmilyDates and in profiles on other social networks where the user is registered.
- The user asks you to send him money. Such cases often happen even when you have been communicating for a long time, believing that you know each other well.
- When you are called several times by another name in messages.
- Calls and messages become obtrusive if you refuse to send money.
- Scammers usually always have an excuse for everything.